15 PAX joined me this morning to celebrate my 1-year F3 Anniversary.
One year ago, my good friend Crimson convinced me to be ready to go at 5:15 am for a workout on a cold January morning. When I arrived at Dante’s Peak, I was overwhelmed with new people with funny nicknames including our Q (which I eventually figured out was the leader) named Hotspot. I don’t remember what all we did that morning other than bear crawl the bridge at DP but I thought there was no way I’d be back much less lead a workout.
Great weather and lot’s of mumble chatter this morning. It is definitely what makes Carpex special. Thanks Hermes for your contributions!
At 6:30 sharp, we took off for the far right parking lot near the baseball fields for:
- SSH x 15
- Imperial Walkers x 15
- Arm circles x10 each direction
- Merkins x 20
Now some time for burpee fun.
- Loop around the parking lot
- Corner 1 – Squat jump x 5, run to corner 2
- Corner 2 – Merkins x 5, bear crawl to corner 3
- Corner 3 – (forget the name but the end of the merkin where you jump up) x 5, sprint to corner 4
- Corner 4 – full burpee x 5, lunge back to start
- Repeat for a total of 5 with some 10 counts between each set.
- Mosey to rock pile
- Grab a rock for:
- 5 x curls IC
- 10 x press
- 5 x tricep extensions IC
- 10 x rock rows IC
- Move to the right 4 and repeat
- Move to the right 5 and repeat
- Put rocks back and we were off for a little jog
- Run to the kiosk the longer way. Thanks Callahan for helping me not get lost on the trail.
- At the kiosk time for 11’s. Hand release merkins at the top of the hill, left/right step up at the bottom of the hill at the picnic tables.
- Once CK finished, we headed back to the flag since we were running out of time.
- American hammers x 15
- Low slow flutters x 15
- LBC x 15
- Have a nice day!
- Convergence at Pullen Park next Saturday.
- Several prayer requests today. It is great to be able to support each other.
Great work today, it was an honor to lead this group of HIMs. One year later, I am so thankful for this thing called F3 and glad to have this group supporting me each day to get stronger and better.