YHC was truly impressed with all the CARPex crazies talking EC last night on the MC Groupme channel. Between Insomnia, EC Ruck, OTB in South Wake and Pittsboro — and a Tortoise Challenge from @f3earhart — was anyone going to Post at the Utopia that is the unofficial Wednesday CARPex convergence? As @flipflopcarpex and YHC rolled into the parking lot, the answered seemed to be “no”. Lots of dark, homogenic, exhaust-spewing vehicles but little cold breath to be seen.
But fear not! As the Insomniacs thundered in, so too the sound of doors slamming shut as the bundled masses entered the frozen Gloom. With a shockingly precise call for “1-minute” and a final “15-seconds” warning, the bootcamp crew was off, leaving any Vespertines to finish tying their shoes.
YHC goal for this Debut SNS Q: keep the PAX moving, maximize warmth and bring enough pain to limit the MC. With @brianjodice and @burtcarpex nowhere to be seen, I figured that last bit would be easy but what about the first two?
Whoops, left a bit quickly… paused for some SSH to let a one or two PAX catch up.
- SSH x20
- Windmills x15
- IW x10
- Thigh burners (squat, alternate lunge, jump squat) x10 [perfectly executed if not for some out-of-cadence squatting in one corner… guess they thought we were dancing the Volta instead]
- Burt-jacks x20
- One-legged curb-assisted H2M x10 each leg
Bear crawl inch worm to the get the upper body going, finished with 10 OYO Merkins and let’s go
Over to the baseball diamond for some Baseball BOMBS. Partner up:
- Partner 1 starts 50 Burpees, 100 Overhead Claps, 150 Merkins, 200 Big-Boy Situps, 250 Squats.
- Partner 2 rounds the bases, adding in Burpees (1, 2, 3) during B.O., Lunge walks (1st-to-2nd, 3rd-to-home) during M.B. and Bear Crawls (1st-to-2nd, 3rd-to-home) during S. to slow the pace.
Stretch it out as we wait on the 6. Exercise is the vulnicura for the cold.
Pole run, né scout run, at a quick mosey pace back to the parking lot since we’re running late. No time for Mary. Sorry.
Count-a-rama: 27 for Bootcamp, 7 for Vespers.
- Christmas Party December 14th at Bond Brothers
- South Wake CSAUP this weekend
- @f3bartman handed site Q duties back to Billy.
- Keeping in our prayers today especially Burt’s BIL, GreaseMonkey’s MIL & M, Ray
- YHC could count on one hand the number of numbskulls not currently part of F3Nation who would, with eagerness, watch the temperature drop below freezing while committing to runs, rucks and workouts in the predawn gloom. Makes the medulla oblongata hurt just thinking about it. Good stuff.
- Speaking of hurting, our admittedly getting up there in years dog all of a sudden thinks he’s a 2.0 getting up at all hours asking to be let out. That biophilia for you.
- Lot better than that other philia, speaking of recent elections.
- Looking forward to the Christmas get together. In fact, I’ll buy a beer to the first person who identifies the artist whose entire studio album discography – with one exception – is referenced herein. Two if you do it without googling.
- Pierogi out.