Quick explanation on the theme of today’s work-out at Wolverine…I was reminded on Sunday at church how easy it is, one week after a school shooting and one day after Veterans Day, to simply slip back into my routine and go on with life. There are many “Monday mornings” when people in painful places go back to their challenges and the rest of us go on with life. Thus, “The Murph” as a reminder that many still face their painful circumstances when the rest of us have returned to our routines.
And why the PRE-Blast @Banjo asks? Because people who wake up on Mondays facing their challenges don’t have the luxury of deciding whether or not they’ll face those challenges. There’s no “Q-Shopping” in life. I thank the Lord Jesus that He promised in Matthew 18:20, “…surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” To the end of our lives…to the end of life’s most difficult seasons – God will never leave of forsake us. Let’s allow every season of our souls teach us to trust in Him all the more.
10 warriors joined YHC to crush the Murph. Shout out to @Bartman for bringing the Rolling Stone. Should out to @Divot for coming out. I hope to see you at Wolverine more often, bro! Props to @RunOff for coming out too…way to push it!
– Pledge of Allegiance at the Shovel Flag
– Jog to the school
– Warm up: SSH, Abe Vigoda, Mountain Climbers, Wide-Grip Merkins; Calf Stretches, Cotton Pickers, Sir Fazio Arm Circles, OH Claps, Imperial Walkers, Wolverines (of course)
– Partner up
– Run to the track, immediately begin the Murph
– Run 4 laps
– With your partner, perform 100 pullups, 200 merkins, 300 squats
– Run one lap and add the distance back to the park to complete the second mile
– PICK UP THE SIX
COFFETERIA at CREMA
- 5 for 2nd F and brews