This was my second Q at BO and I had regrets from my first. Namely, Sputnik taking a fall and breaking his wrist. To my surprise Sputnik was there this morning. Wonder if he know I had the Q. Anyway, I completed the disclaimer for 3 FNGs and told everyone to not get hurt and we were off!
Jog to the downtown circle
- Side Straddle Hop 15 IC
- Good Mornings 10 IC
- Imperial Walkers 15 IC
FiA weekly challenge. They started a weekly weekday challenge so I thought everyone would want to complete it for our warm-up.
8 burpees, 16 SSH, 7 burpees, 14 SSH and so on to 1 burpee, 2 SSH
The Main Event
Jog to the parking deck partner up and grab a pain stick or “pain tube” as I referred to it.
- 200 merkins total on the pain stick. One partner does the merkins and the other runs the stairs.
200 Shoulder pressesThree times up the parking deck incline while partner does shoulder presses.
- Three times hopping up 2 flights of stairs one legged while partner does rows. (Seems like you guys loved this.) Glad people modified as needed.
We put the pain sticks away and completed round 1 of:
20 jump squats, 20 jump lunges, and 20 donkey kicks
Jog past the govt. buildings and then round 2. Jog to the Billy Run start and complete round 3. Jog to the end to complete the no injury workout! (I think)
Strong legs is the new abs so no mary needed.
Name-a-rama: FNGs – Gopher, Bruce
Announcements: F3 Dads and a couple other things
Prayers: Callahan – Luke and his cancer, Highlighter’s dad – wisdom on cancer treatment, Swag’s dad
YHC took us out
Isaiah 53:6 “All we have gone astray, we have turned – every one – to his own way. And the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.”
My memory verse for the week is a thankful reminder of how much we all need Christ and the penalty he paid for us. It brings hope in the midst of our broken world.
- Shout out to Sputnik for coming out and following my q. No backwards billy run ever again for me.
- I was thankful no one got hurt given some of my questionable exercise choices.
- This morning could be the largest we have for a long time with a new AO starting.
- Angry Elf – we need to weigh our pain stick. It was heavy!
- I think 3 sets of our leg exercises is called wimpy legs.
- Thanks to everyone that came out!