Asystole led dragged YHC through a couple EC loops around the ToC buildings, which included pain stations for various merkins, pull-ups on a tree, step ups, box jumps, ab work, and forward/backward bear crawls and crab walks. About 20 minutes in I started to wonder if I would be able to complete my own main event workout.
In the meantime, 4 more PAX showed up on this steamy mid-October afternoon. Riptide informed us that today was the latest day of the year it had ever hit 90 degrees. And last night was a record high for the overnight low. Or something like that.
I let it slip that I was planning to use the pain sticks outside the parking garage. I knew it was the right call after seeing the scowl sweep across Disco Duck’s face. I was re-energized so off we go.
- Run over to the grassy area next to parking deck (conveniently near the pain sticks)
- 20 SSH, IC
- 10 Imperial Walkers, IC
- 10 Hillbillies, IC
- 15 Standard Merkins
- 10 Mountain Climbers, IC
The One and Only Thang
I had the ambitious idea of combining 3 favorites. We would be doing the beast, in the Cary parking deck, while carrying pain sticks. Six one-way trips to the top of the parking deck and back down (the long way, not the stairs), stopping at the 6 corners for s6ix reps of an exercise. As it turns out, we carried the pain sticks for 1 round trip (2 reps)… that seemed like a reasonable audible at the time. The 6 exercises we did were:
- Squats with the pain sticks
- Pain stick burpees (sort of)
- Wide grip merkins
- WWII sit-ups
- Partner-clap merkins
- Tuck jumps
Pretty much out of time so mosey back to the start for COT. Unfortunately the fountain was dry but it would have been a welcome treat on this muggy evening.
There were some comments made about the shape of some of the Bond Brothers Run Club runners as they passed by. Other than that, I only remember one announcement – the Christmas Party on December 14th at Bond Brothers. Details as the date gets closer.
- Continued prayers for young Luke
- Prayers for Captain Kirk’s Mom, Jane, and her mobility
Big THANKS to Yogi for taking us out in strong fashion.
- TIL Asystole was a college gymnast and can still do a back flip. He did one tonight, after leading EC and treating what I thought was a hard workout like a walk in the park. Tuck jumps were too easy for him on the last beast rep, so he decided to do BTTW merkins.
- Yogi wants to learn how to do a back flip
As always, it was a pleasure to lead.