To my delight and amazement and after Large Mouth and I were just talking about him coming back soon, Callahan walked out of the bushes and returned to Danger Zone! Total Pax of 16 gathered around the flag and with a quick disclaimer we were off.
Lap around the pickle and then:
- Side Straddle Hop 20 IC
- Good Mornings 10 IC
- Willie Mays Hayes 10 IC
- Plank Jacks 20 IC
Partner up with someone of similar speed. Two more laps where partners run in opposite directions and switch from running, to bearcrawl, running and lunges when they pass each other
The Main Event – Relays!
In order to push each other and get a tour of some of Danger Zone’s best spots we did a series of relays. Winners celebrated with 5 star jumps and losers completed 5 burpees.
- The Bridge – Bearcrawl down run back. LBC and merkins while waiting. Winner: Team 1
- The Grassy Hill – Run up to the tree and back. Watch out for the slippery ending. Lunges while waiting. Winner: Team 2? Everyone celebrated because no one got hurt and Joe Smith had a sweet 10 foot slide to pull out the victory.
- The Sand Double Back – Run in the sand up 2 lines and back one. Peoples Chair/Squat while waiting. Winner: Team 2
- The Crab Hill Slide – Crab walk to the blue slide hill. Run up the hill and go down the slide. Hold crab postion while waiting. Winner: Team 1 It really wasn’t close even with Callahan riding on someone’s lap to speed things up.
- The Basketball Side Shuffle – Side shuffle to the middle tag the next person and then full court until everyone is done. BTTW/Plank while waiting. Winner: Team 2
- The 40 Yard Dash – Sprint 40 yards and call out for the next person to go. Butt Kicks/High Knees while waiting. Winner: Team 2
- The 40 Yard Dash With a little Reverse – Sprint 40 yards, backwards 20 yards then finish and call out for the next person to go. Butt Kicks/High Knees while waiting. Winner: Team 1
Jog to the flag for COT
Name-a-rama: FNG – Stash
Announcements: Odyssey 10/7, F3 Dads, FIA launch the Saturday, 9/11 stair climb
Prayers: Callahans – Luke and his cancer
BOM: YHC took us out
- The teams seemed to be pretty evenly matched
- Why does Yogi call running twinkle toes?
- The slide for home by Joe Smith and the battle over the slide were my highlights
- Sorry for the sand in the shoes
- Welcome Stash or Stache or Stach – Who dey?
- Thanks for everyone for playing along! I really enjoyed seeing some competitive spirit and everyone encouraging each other.