Insomnia: Callahan, Flip Flop, Hermes, LargeMouth, Open Out, Shut In, YHC
Vesper 4: Riptide Q +many (to be added)
Vesper 5: CK, Hotspot, Michelob, PBX, YHC
7 for Insomnia! Callahan, Hermes, Open Out, Shut In, LargeMouth, Flip Flop, YHC. Large and Flip ran and chatted away while the rest of us brought up the 3 and the 6. Covered 4+ miles in 8:38 overall pace, nice work all.
5 (plus one) for Vesper 5 route today. CK, Michelob, PBX, Hot Spot, Old Maid. We escorted POTUS (LargeMouth) back through the darkness of Cary’s Scary Greenways, until he was safely deposited in MacArthur.
Michelob and Large held loose reins, and had the PAX panting after 1/2 mile. Large split off, and the PAX were together for a bit until post-half-marathon PR efforts caught up to us, and we backed the pace down to a mediocre 8:06 (!) average overall. Michelob, CK, and PBX soldiered on to a 7:51! Solid run fellas.
- Tip of the hat to the Calli and the Insomniacs. Good running with the crew in the really gloomy gloom.
- I tried to run in Largemouth’s cadence. I.just.couldn’t. Felt like I was jumping on the moon.
- I demand to see Michelob’s birth certificate. Pretty certain he’s not as old as he says he is. #beastrunner
- CK’s Strava notes on today’s run cracked me up “the first 1.5 miles were hard for me to talk…”. Yeah, me too. And the next 3.5.
- It’s a lot different running 4 miles then 5 miles, than it is running 9.